SAR History                 Education                 Patriotism                Genealogy              Library 

18 - 22 CAR Transfer Membership

18-22 C.A.R Transfer of Membership
in to the Sons of the American Revolution


Transferring your membership from the Children of the American Revolution to the Sons of the American Revolution when you are between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-two (22) years is possible.  

A valid "Certificate of Good Standing" from the C.A.R. is required with the SAR application and documention.   The fees involved are as follows:

  • National Level: $0 (application fee) + $35 (dues) = $35
  • Typical State Level: $5 (application fee) + $15 (dues) = $20
  • Typical Chapter Level: $0 (application fee) + $8 (dues) = $8

The member's annual dues are for the calendar year in which their applications are approved by the National Society and is included with the application fee.

Checks should be for your application fees and dues.  There is usually one check to the Chapter, one to the State Society, and one to the National Society.   Each branch of the organization may have an application fee component and an annual dues component that will be different than what is shown.

Submit the completed application form to your sponsoring Chapter for approval (your helper will likely do this) and it will be forwarded to the State Society and then to NSSAR Headquarters in Louisville for final approval.  Do Not send the application and fees to the National organization direct.  It must come to the National organization from a State Society.